“Veronica wants to offer hope and compassion, help and support, guidance and direction, at those times when life sets us challenges. Veronica cares.”
Matthew 25: 35,36
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you made me welcome, lacking clothes and you clothed me, sick and you visited me, in prison and you came to see me.
Who is it for?We are here for anyone who belongs to St Joseph’s Parish and the wider local community. If you could do with help yourself please do call us and speak to us. Or if you know of someone who might benefit from prayer or other support please tell them about us and how we can help.
About us and our workWe are a team of volunteers who can, through the parish of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, put people in touch with our parish groups or link you with practical support in the local community. We can’t solve everything ourselves but we can point people in the right direction for more help if they need it. This means we try to work with others to meet these needs.
ConfidentialityWe will not share confidential details with anyone else without your permission, unless you tell us that you or someone else has been hurt or is at risk of harm.
We can put people in touch with:-
- Our parish groups for friendship, company, social activities, practical help, support and assistance e.g. toddler groups, bereavement support, English conversation classes, lunch clubs and home visits.
- St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP) who offer a helping hand and sympathetic ear.
- Services of Healing and prayer, where all are welcome.
- A peaceful garden where you can visit for rest, prayer or contemplation.
- Services or other agencies that may be able to provide assistance or more specialist support.
St Joseph’s RC Church
171a St Michael’s Road
Mobile: 07426 939 140
If we are unable to answer your call, please leave us a message with your contact details. We will aim to get back to you within 2 – 3 working days.
You can also email us at:
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us for further information